Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I love this.


You know your office is closing when Bocce Ball starts happening.

Yes, Bocce Ball.
There used to be a large section of cubicles that sat on the east side of our floor. However, the positions of the people who used to sit in those cubicles were eliminated. And henceforth, their former work spaces were dismantled and taken away. What's left is a large open area, bumpy and complete with obstacles, much like a park or backyard. Except, in an office, the objects to avoid are a little more industrious than, say, a tree, a barbecue, or a small child. When office Bocce Ball is played, which, as we all know, is infinitely more fun, we try to stay away from the broken copier, some forgotten bookends, miscellaneous employees who haven't yet been fired (well, at least not officially), etc.
Because I feel so inspired by this activity, I would like to take a moment and salute my Bocce Ball playing coworkers.

You have made lemonade with this bitter, bitter departure. And nothing says, "Wait. You still want me to work? HA!" quite like office sports.

Tonight my beer will be raised to you.

No comments: