Thursday, June 26, 2008

I just put a shoe in a trashcan.

So, my final day in the office is tomorrow. And I'm finally getting around to doing that "detail" clean I was asked to do weeks ago. I found some amazing items:
  1. Lotion

  2. Bobby pins

  3. A stack of Post Its that I was convinced had vanished into oblivion

  4. A Costco size bottle of Advil

  5. Ribbon

  6. Lip gloss

  7. A picture of me in a Kitty costume from Halloween

  8. 3 shoes

Yes. Not 4 shoes. 3 shoes. These are: a pair of brown loafers that had been sitting under my desk for, seriously, I don't know how long, and a single black pointy heeled pump with silver dangly things attached to the toe.

Those shoes were a gift from my friend Lauren (who quit about a year and a half ago). She didn't want to take them to New York when she moved, and thus, I inherited them. Them as in plural. I know she gave me the full pair because I've worn them a few times. But strangely, one of them has vanished.

Not having much use for a single black pump, I decided to throw it away. But it's a very weird thing to put a high heel in trashcan. It looks so out of place sitting on top of paper towels and other office trash. What else can you do with a single shoe, though? It's not like anybody else wants it or will have any kind of use for it. And really, throwing it away was kind of delightfully random.

I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dig the title to this post. Made me laugh out loud in bar bri class.

Anonymous said...

Did you scour your enormous mom purse for the absent shoe? :)