Monday, August 11, 2008

I, Idiot

Reasons why I know, deep down, I'm smart:
  1. I have two degrees.
  2. I graduated from one of the top-rated UC schools in the system.
  3. I can work with and understand Excel.
  4. I regularly watch the Nightly News with Brian Williams.
  5. I never voted for George W. Bush.
  6. I married someone who makes me laugh.
And yet.

Somehow I managed to grossly misread my confirmation email for the Nike Women's Marathon this October. Turns out, I'm actually running the half, not the full.

This is infinitely better than the other way around.

And yet.

I've been training and mentally preparing myself to run 26.2 miles.

Am I ready? Absolutely not. Am I disappointed? Ever so slightly.

Better to find out now than the day of, I suppose. That would be a post for the ages.

3 comments:

stacy bostrom said...

love all your new posts jessie! brilliantly spoken - thank you for writing. it was also great to see you sunday... -stacy

Trevor Olsen said...

Julie and I did 7 miles on Sunday and are feeling good for our half coming up in Oct. I'm also thinking about building on my training and going for a full in Feb. We'll see...

Unknown said...

that's hilarious Jessie! It makes so much sense too! I couldn't believe that you had signed up for the 1/2, but they had just thrown you into the full. Haha! Well I guess that's good news, right? Now you're going to be super prepared for the 1/2. Yay!