Thursday, July 17, 2008

This might be on THE OFFICE next season

I just walked into the break room to find my friend painting a miniature pony. This was a task she was assigned to do. For her job. She's getting paid to do this.

Stunned, I walked up to her and said, "Um, wow. What are you doing?"

"I have to paint this pony for the catalog. They want to take a picture of this kit we're promoting. I got to paint a dragon a few months ago," she said while brushing.

"That's amazing," I offered. "I just compiled a spreadsheet," I said, slightly deflated.

Eyes focused on her task and her brows ever-so-coolly raised, she replied. "Oh, I know. That was me yesterday. Sometimes I feel like my life is one big Excel document."

But you're painting a pony right now, I thought to myself. How is your life anything like an Excel document?!

Instead I responded, "Yeah. I know what you mean."


No comments: